Friday, August 24, 2007

Fuji Climb

We did it, we did it. With pride I declare that I successfully climb the summit of Mt. Fuji at 3776m.
I am the oldest among the group, the rest are like 40 ish and 30 ish, 8 men and 8 women.
I will describe the ascend later on when I get back to Okinawa with photo uploads. After all the experience, the climbing up is easier than the descend. I was the second to reach the top but the last to come down. The climb was very, very tough to the legs, angles, thigh and muscles behind the femur bone and not forgeting the knees.

I thought coming down was double easy that climbing, I was absolutely wrong. What makes the climb down gruelling was the loose black sand and rolling stones and boulders.
My legs went angle deep in the sand every steps and I fall and went buttock-skiing a couple of times. I couldn't make my way down and after having my buttock scratch a few times, I had to hang on the arms of two guys on each side for support.

We started our descend at 8.35 in the morning today and I ended up finishing at 3.30 pm alone, the rest of the group left me to go and pick their lugguge at the Japanese Inn.

An hour ago, they left me here by myself at Kawaguchiko Station at the bottom of Mt. Fuji to make their way to Shinjuku by train.
I checked in a room near the station with a commom Ofuro, alone. The reason is because I cannot walk at all!
I am limping and every muscles on both legs are pinning my sensory so much. I cannot move my body at all.
I just had dinner round the corner restaurant and after writing this entry, I will soak my aching muscle in the hot ofuro.
Hopefully, I can move normally tomorrow and might go back to Aini's house in Shibuya but my body cannot tell me just yet.
I will update on the ascending report of Mt. Fuji, once I have the chance to do it at home.

Salam Kawaguchiko, Mt. Fuji.

4 comments:

  1. congratulations!!!!
    alhamdulillah....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tahniah dan Alhamdulilah Halela...! Camana ni MBA, kita dah kalah....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sri Diah yg kalah. MBA belum kalah.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. salam sri diah,
    sri diah belum dikalahkan lagi...kalau tak cuba tak tahu lagi kan?
    Sri diah masih muda lagi, stamina masih kuat, tak sama dgn jahrera yg dah separuh abad.

    MBA san,
    inilah orang kata semangat berkobar-kobar utk mencuba lagi.
    gambatte ne.

    ReplyDelete